Discovering Multitouch

|
A few days ago I was surfing Youtube, looking up some cool videos that had fake standing holograms. A few clicks later (they were gateway videos) I found myself looking at a news story, describing a table that not only incorporated a computer display into a coffee table, as many people could play with it as they wanted - all at the same time. You see, right now normal touch screens (like you see in ATMs, the iPhone, stuff like that) usually can only handle one or two points, so this was novel. "Whoa," I thought. "Pretty cool. Too bad it doesn't really exist." But another few clicks later, what do you know? I was looking at a tutorial of how to make a simple one.

I was astounded. How did they do it? I spent hours that night googling multitouch technologies and figuring out how to make one, and along the way I stumbled across nuigroup.com, a great resource for anything multitouch.

So, with that community's help I'm going to attempt to make my own. This blog will serve as my own little resource, so I can look back over stuff I've found that might help me, and who knows? Maybe, with a little luck, in the future this blog will serve as your own resource, too - that is, if I don't kill myself in the process.

Good luck to us all.
-Crystal

0 comments:

Post a Comment